WHAT ARE IMPLANT-SUPPORTED DENTURES?
Implant-supported dentures are over-dentures fixed to the gums by mini implants. Stabilizing it with mini implants can be a more comfortable and functional solution for patients with an uncomfortable or loose-fitting denture.
Mini implants are placed in the jaw, where they are anchored firmly in the surrounding bone. Attachments are placed in the underside of the denture that connects to the implants. When placed in the mouth, the denture snaps onto the implants, keeping it stable and secure.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF DENTURES SUPPORTED BY MINI IMPLANTS?
- People who opt for implant-supported dentures are more confident when talking, laughing, and eating in public. You’ll never have to worry about your false teeth slipping or falling out while you eat or are engaged in conversation.
- Implant-supported dentures are far more comfortable because they are secure and feel like natural teeth. There is also minor irritation of gum tissue; patients with conventional dentures often suffer pain and canker sores.
- Implant-supported dentures look more natural than conventional dentures because less plastic is needed for retention. Wearing implant-supported dentures can also help your appearance in the long term by preventing jaw shrinkage and bone loss.
- Patients with conventional dentures have difficulty speaking clearly. Slurred speech and clicking noises are common problems. Implant-supported dentures can help you relax and talk easily with a more clear and natural voice.
- Best of all, with implant-supported dentures, there is no need to use denture adhesives.